Tuesday, January 27, 2009

I Love Turning Thirty!!!(looking back on my Twankys)

Yeah it has been cool to turn thirty and I am glad to get past all the crazy times in my twentys.I been through all types of wild shit in my twentys and was always moving so fast.Austin is a Circus of a city and is full of all types of temptations and yes i did try alot of the temptations myself.Thirty is the new twenty anyway if I just listen to Jay Z.I guarantee I went to more shows in the Cap City then anyone else over the last ten and a half years.I dated or should i say "hooked up with all types of ladys"throughout my twankys.I consumed alot of alcohol and herbal refreshments and other mind altering substances along my journey as well.I worked hard as hell in the restaraunt scene from my first job at Vinnys Italian Cafe,then on to The Alligator Grill,then I moved to the best bar b que spot in the 512 period....Artz Rib House,I worked there for about a year and a half and ate so many chopped beef sandwiches and baby back ribs!!!!After I got tired of all that bar b que I guess I was craving some more Italian.I headed over to Romeos Italian Restaurant on Barton Springs and settled in there for about four and a half years.I got along well there and got known as the freestyling waiter and i would really rhyme the menu to all the customers.I made good money and made plenty of friends there and hooked up with plenty of hot waitresses and hostesses from what i remember.I worked hard and partyed even harder and stayed in the Austin Hip Hop scene at every show.I wrote and wrote and freestyled and freestyled my ass off and got known as a super passionate dude.I was so fuckin obsessed with the music and i got to chill with and meet so many amazing artists from Eminem,Busta Rhymes,Tha Liks,dead prez,The Wu Tang Clan,atmosphere,Eyedea and Abilities,Aesop Rock,Sage Francis,Common,The Pharcyde,Chamillionaire,Ugk,Krs One,Icon the Mic King,Living Legends,Trae,ZRO,Killer Mike,Talib Kweli,Chuck D,Guru from Gangstar,I hung out with Bushwick Bill on many occasions and even took some mushrooms with the lil crazy bastard,Redman,My homie Devin the Dude who I linked up with back in o3 and we been kickin it ever since,8ball and MJG,Twista,Too Short,
Photobucket
Photobucket


Slick Rick,Percee P,Del the funky homosapien,The whole entire Heiroglyphics crew,Aceyalone,and well I have met and kicked it with like every hip hop artist that has been through the 512 period.The list would just drag on forever if I continued on.Well back to where I was oh yeah i worked at Romeos for a long ass time and then quit and went on to work at The Austin Club.The Austin Club a private club on 9th and Congress where I waited tables in the fine dining restaurant and bartended.It is a republican club and i waited on all sorts of Polliticians and even the Governor Rick Perry.Oh yeah I waited on Johnny Knoxville and all his homies there and that was a trip and a whole other story.I worked at the Austin Club for a year and then headed to Green Pastures where i made the best money i have ever made in Atx.Green Pastures is one of the nicest and oldest fine dining spots in Austin.I enjoyed alot about it except after awhile the 17 hour days where i would work 3 or 4 weddings a day kind of burned me out a bit.I then quit the day after South by Southwest 07 after I hung out with Pimp C the night before and i decided i was done with waiting tables.I chilled for a few months and then went to a wharehouse on the East Side where I could listen to my head phones and just place books on a packaging machine all day.It was easy and i liked it but then i moved to FADO's Irish pub where I earned good money and met cool people but only stayed for a few months because i got sick of getting out of the bar at 4 am.I then went to The Brick Oven on 35th and worked there for the last year and here i am looking for another job in Austin that pays well because the Brick Oven was way to hit or miss on the profit level.Some days i would make 40 bucks and others I would make 2oo bucks.So I worked,partyed,and went to alot of shows and did some wild shit and spent alot of hard earned cash in Austin,Tx.I have met so many interesting and unique people and am overall very glad I spent my twentys in Austin,Tx.Word.Peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment